Monday, November 14, 2011

Your Moms a flaming Hibachi...

I heart me some Asian food. I heart me some wasabi, almost to a point of ridiculousness. I don't feel that you have really ever had wasabi unless it has burned your nose hairs from your nostrils. I heart me some coconut milk also. I usually have both these ingredients in my house at all times. Let's put them together!! :)



Shrimp with Tangy Coconut Sauce



1 lb. shrimp
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 tsp. cornstarch
4 tsp. wasabi paste
1 tsp. grated ginger
2 tbs. fresh lime juice
2 tsp. wok oil
1 1/2 tbs. soy sauce
6 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp. crushed red pepper


In a small saucepan, stir together the coconut milk and the cornstarch. Cook and stir over low heat for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl combine the wasabi paste, ginger and lime juice. In a wok over high heat, cook shrimp for 2 minutes. Add soy sauce, garlic and red pepper. Cook for 30 seconds more. Pour in coconut mixture and wasabi mixture and cook until thickened. Serve over rice.

Skadoosh. Awesomeness. Yum.




No comments:

Post a Comment