Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Wifey For Lifey's BAMF Meatloaf

Can I have a drum roll please?

Here it is! My "special" guest (heh) Sarah's meatloaf recipe. I don't even really like meatloaf to be honest. Not really my thang. But, let me tell you something, this butcher's meatloaf rocks my socks. I am sure it will rock yours also. I would make babies with this meatloaf, and then cover them in the glaze and eat them. No joke people. 

P.S. Totally gluten free.


1-2 lbs. ground beef
1 large carrot, grated
1 large onion, grated
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup ketchup
1 egg
1/4 cup quick cooking oats
salt and pepper

In a large bowl, combine all of the above ingredients. With your hands! Ok, you don't have to, but it is way more fun that way.

Sarah Instructions:
Don't cook your meatloaf in a loaf pan, use one to shape it, but then transfer it to a parchment paper lined sheet pan so you can get the glaze all the way around it and not just on the top!! This also helps much more of the fat run out of the meatloaf.

But the real deal is the glaze. Combine these ingredients.

1 cup ketchup
1 tbs. honey
2 tbs. cumin
dash worcestershire

Trick is to let the meatloaf start to cook for at least 10 minutes before putting on the glaze. Cook at 350 for at least 45 minutes.

Then eat it with your face. Don't play...

No comments:

Post a Comment