Thursday, March 8, 2012

Fun For The Chil'ren

Who's the best Mommy and Auntie Corey in the world? Don't play.

Serenity Murphycakes was not here to help make them, but she sure did enjoy eating them. Jack has been on me lately to help me in the kitchen. But, I am such a control freak when it comes to cooking, I let him help kind of before I tell him to VACATE THE KITCHEN. Soooooooooo, I came up with something that was easy and he could help me do.



Corndog Muffins

 

1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
1 tbs. baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/4 cup honey
4 turkey dog franks, sliced

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, butter and honey. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in turkey dog slices, poor batter into greased muffin tin. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden. Let cool slightly before serving, but serve warm. 

Watch the kids devour them like they haven't ever eaten anything in their lives. It's magical. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment