Monday, March 19, 2012

So.....Much....Garlic....

The garlic is getting ready to go bad. I have been trying to use it as much as possible. I used five heads for this recipe and I STILL have probably about twelve left. Ugh. I never thought I would say it, but I might be getting sick of garlic.


Roasted Garlic Chicken

5 heads of garlic
3/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tbs. rosemary
4 chicken breasts

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. With a knife, cut off about 1/4 of an inch off the top of garlic heads exposing cloves. Place in baking dish. Pour oil over garlic. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and rosemary. Cover with foil and bake 30-40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, remove cloves from head into a processor. Add the oil that the garlic was roasted in. Puree until smooth, and add salt to taste. Pat chicken breasts dry and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Generously rub the garlic puree on breasts. Giggle. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment