Friday, August 3, 2012

Moving to the country...

...gonna eat a lot of peaches.

I was in the grocery store and as I walked by the produce section all I could smell were peaches. It's one of the best smells. Even though I am not the biggest peach fan, how could I pass up peaches that be smelling all yummy like that? It just wouldn't be right. 

Soooooooo, for the 4th of July, this patriot made peach cobbler. I felt so American. And bloated.



Peach Cobbler

8 peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced thin
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. corn starch
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
12 tbs. (stick and a half) butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
1/2 cup boiling water

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl,  combine peaches, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon and cornstarch. Toss to coat, and pour into a 2 quart baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugars, baking powder and salt. Blend in butter with your fingers. Stir in water until just combined. Remove peaches from the oven and drop spoonfuls over the top. Sprinkle sanding sugar over the op and place on a baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes. Let cool for just a few minutes before serving. Peach cobbler is the best still hot and topped with vanilla ice cream. 

Now I must wipe the drool from my laptop.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment