Saturday, June 22, 2013

Guess Who's Back? Back Again?

You know you sang it. 

No, but for real. I'm back, or at least trying to be...

I meant it when I said I needed an assistant. I'm not good at keeping up with this typing stuff. Also, recipes ain't my thang, yo. BUT, I did make my stuffed mushrooms the other day for my boyfriend, and it inspired me to start this blog again. Let's see how long it lasts this time.



Stuffed Mushrooms

1 large pkg. whole white button mushrooms
4 oz. cream cheese, room temp
2 tbs. grated Parmesan
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tbs. chopped fresh parsley
1 shallot, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbs. olive oil
1 tbs. butter
salt and pepper
balsamic vinegar for drizzling



Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Clean your mushrooms with a wet paper towel or kitchen towel. DO NOT RINSE. Running water over mushrooms makes them soggy and rubbery. Once they are clean, remove stems and set aside. Place mushroom caps in a shallow baking dish.

Minced shallot and garlic. Chop mushroom stems very fine. Roughly chop parsley. Heat olive oil and butter in a medium non-stick skillet until it sizzles. Saute shallots for 2 minutes, then add mushroom stems and garlic. Cook for 2 more minutes and add cream cheese. Mix until well incorporated. Add breadcrumbs, parsley, and Parmesan and mix until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and let cool a few minutes.

With a teaspoon, scoop up a small amount of filling and start stuffing mushroom caps. Use spoon to shape filling. There is plenty, so you can over-stuff. Top mushrooms with a sprinkle of Parmesan, drizzle with balsamic.

Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until tops are slightly browned. Let cool for a few before you stuff into your face. Hot mushrooms does not equal happy mouth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment