Saturday, June 22, 2013

Summa Summa Summa TIME!!

It's officially summer time. It's officially Summer Shandy and BBQ season. Break out the 50 SPF!

Fuck Yeah.

I'm not much a griller, but I can make some bomb ass sides, fool. Every time I make this little salad of delight, I get a lot of compliments.



Grilled Corn Salad

4 ears of fresh corn, husked
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese or Feta
1 finely chopped Serrano
1 avocado, diced
handful grape tomatoes, halved
2 tbs. each melted butter and olive oil
2 limes, squeezed
handful cilantro, roughly chopped
salt and pepper



Preheat oven to broil. Brush corn with olive oil and cook each side until lightly charred. About 2 minutes each side. Set aside and let cool until you can handle them. Carefully cut kernels off the cob into a large bowl. Add in the rest of the ingredients and gently stir to combine. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.

I know. It's a beautiful thing. Brings tears to the eyes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment