Saturday, January 11, 2014

Titanic & Moroccan Style Chicken Stew

Yeah, I said Titanic. Don't judge me.

I'll never let go, Jack. I'll never let go.

This whole gluten free thing is so hard for me. I'm trying, but I just want a GOD DAMN SANDWICH. Deep breaths. But, I did find a gluten free pizza crust that I like, so I might just make it after all.



Moroccan Style Chicken and Chickpea Stew

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 an onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. cardamom
1 cup diced, fresh tomatoes
1 cup chickpeas
1/2 cup golden raisins
2 cups veggie/chicken stock
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
olive oil
salt and pepper
cilantro for garnish

Heat olive oil in a large pot, over medium heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Brown chicken, and remove to a plate. Add a little bit more olive oil to the pot and saute onions and garlic until onions are soft. Add the spices (cumin, cinnamon, cardamom and ginger), and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add tomatoes, and cook until they become saucy. Add the chickpeas and the stock, making sure to scrape bits on the bottom of the pot. Taste, and adjust seasonings to your liking. Place chicken breasts back in stew. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 20-30 minutes. Once the liquid has reduced and the chicken is cooked through, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken back to stew, add raisins and pine nuts. Serve over couscous or jasmine rice. Garnish with cilantro.

As I wrote this, I watched Dr. Who, Daleks in Manhattan. Freaking intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment